This is an online consultation by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
From the announcement post (July 12, 2010):
Introducing the Livestock and Fish E-consultation
To get your input on our Mega Program proposal under development, we would like to structure the discussion around a central topic each week over the coming four weeks. Each week, we will highlight an aspect of the proposal on which we would especially like to have your feedback and suggestions.
You can get more detail by reading the complete linked concept note.
We will first explain the issue, and then ask 3-4 specific questions. We would like to capture your responses in two ways: first in survey format clicking on a choice, and secondly as comments to the blog to allow you to explain your answer and discuss related issues.
How will your answers be used?
We will be compiling your answers and comments to share with the team developing the proposal, and will also summarize them for presentation at a stakeholder workshop to be held at ILRI in Nairobi on August 24-25.
Process and timeline are outlined in detail:
The deadline for submission of the Livestock and Fish Mega Program proposal to the CGIAR Consortium Board is early September 2010.
Between now and then, we envisage the following consultation activities:
* 19-25 July Week 1: Working to transform selected value chains
* 20 July Face-to-face stakeholder consultation: FARA side-meeting, Ouagadougou
* 26 July- 1 Aug E-consultation: Second round questions on the target value chains
* 2-8 Aug E-consultation: Third round of questions on appropriate partnership strategies
* 9-15 Aug E-consultation: Final round of questions
* 24-25 Aug Face-to-face stakeholder consultation: Meeting at ILRI, Nairobi
Over the period of online interactions, staff from the participating CGIAR Centers will visit key partners and stakeholders in different countries to discuss the proposals in depth.
We aim to share rapid feedback from the various discussions on this web space.
The project uses Wordpress.com and Wikispaces.