This online consultation by German Bertelsmann Stiftung addressed the future of Germany’s social market economy.
The project consisted of five phases:
- Invitation phase (October through December, 2007): Random selection of participants.
- Kick-off event (January 2008): Participants get to know each other in person and work on various issues.
- Online phase (February trough March, 2008): During the online discussions, vote-ready proposals for the BürgerProgramm (citizen agenda) emerge.
- Final event (April 2008): In the old Bundestag building in Bonn, the “BürgerProgramm Soziale Marktwirtschaft” (citizen agenda social market economy) is passed.
- Stakeholder phase (from April 2008): The “BürgerProgramm” is being discussed with representatives of all political parties and other organizations.
The website ran on discourse-machine.